- The best fluorescent tube that we’ve ever used for our reptiles’ UVB requirements!
- A UVB 5.0 Reptile Fluorescent Tube means that 5% of the tube’s output is UVB. This UVB is necessary for your reptile’s synthesis of vitamin D3, which is essential for the effective metabolism of dietary calcium in its bones and blood.
- Some reptiles require more or less UVB than others. Bearded dragons and similar desert reptiles require more UVB and a 10.0 tube is the better choice.
- This Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5HO 54W 46” Reptile Lighting Fluorescent Tube fits the Reptile T5HO 54W 46″ Standard Fixture & Reflector offered by Carolina Custom Cages.
- This 5.0 UVB T5HO 54W 46” Reptile Lighting Fluorescent Tube with the above fixture is a superior addition to the habitats of green iguanas, anoles, similar jungle / forest reptiles, translucent bearded dragons and silkback bearded dragons (“silkies”). Animal should be no closer than 10” directly under the fixture and no closer than 6” diagonally from the sides or ends of the fixture.