- The best fluorescent tube that we’ve ever used for our reptiles’ UVB requirements! Other tubes that we tried either don’t have adequate output in the beginning or they degrade much faster than should be expected. Carolina Custom Cages is a division of Carolina Designer Dragons, LLC.
- A UVB 5.0 Reptile Fluorescent Tube means that 5% of the tube’s output is UVB. This UVB is necessary for your reptile’s synthesis of vitamin D3, which is essential for the effective metabolism of dietary calcium in its bones and blood.
- Some reptiles require more or less UVB than others. Bearded dragons and similar desert reptiles require more UVB and a 10.0 tube is the better choice. Green iguanas, anoles and similar jungle / forest reptiles require less UVB and a 5.0 tube is the better choice in smaller habitats when these reptiles are younger. We also prefer to use the 5.0 tube for our translucent bearded dragons and for our silkback bearded dragons (“silkies”). UVB output is also influenced by a reflector’s efficiency and the distance to the reptile.
- This T5HO 22″ UVB 5.0 Reptile Fluorescent Tube fits all 3 of the T5HO fixtures offered by Carolina Custom Cages; the Standard Fixture & Reflector, the Fixture & Reflector with Undermount Assembly to make it easy to mount underneath your cages top’s screen mesh and the Fixture & Reflector with Basking Light Assembly. This third unit is able to provide for UVB and basking requirements in one streamlined fixture that is also easy to mount underneath your cage’s top screen mesh.
- This T5HO 22″ UVB 5.0 Reptile Fluorescent Tube with the fixtures listed above is a superior addition to the habitats of green iguanas, anoles, similar jungle / forest reptiles, translucent bearded dragons and silkback bearded dragons (“silkies”). Animal should be no closer than 10” directly under the fixture and no closer than 6” diagonally from the sides or ends of the fixture.