- The best fixture that we’ve ever used for our reptiles’ UVB requirements! This T5HO (high output) fixture gives superior performance because of its high output electronic ballast and its high-efficiency silver reflector. UVB is necessary for your reptile’s synthesis of vitamin D3, which is essential for the effective metabolism of dietary calcium in its bones and blood. Carolina Custom Cages is a division of Carolina Designer Dragons, LLC.
- We prefer the UVB output from linear fluorescent tubes because this way it’s possible to cover 2/3’s of the habitat area; ensuring that the reptile is benefiting from some UVB exposure as it moves about the habitat.
- A higher UVB output to begin with, because of the fixture’s greater efficiency, can increase the useful life of the UVB fluorescent tube. Includes power cord (with on/off switch), two mounting clips and mounting hardware; 2 screws and 2 plastic screw anchors.
- The fixture’s streamlined shape provides for great flexibility in locating and mounting for your reptile’s habitat. Improved effectiveness can be achieved by being able to mount under your cage top’s screen mesh. This Reptile T5HO 22″ Fixture & Reflector is offered in 3 variations by Carolina Custom Cages; the Standard Fixture & Reflector, the Fixture & Reflector with Undermount Assembly to make it easy to mount underneath your cages’s top screen mesh and the Fixture & Reflector with Basking Light Assembly. This unit is able to provide for UVB and basking requirements in one streamlined fixture also easy to mount underneath your cage’s top screen mesh.
- This fixture with the appropriate UVB fluorescent tube is a superior addition to the habitats of bearded dragons, Rankin dragons, horned toad lizards, uromastyx, most other desert reptiles, small turtles and turtles. Animal should be no closer than 10″ directly under the fixture and no closer than 6″ diagonally from the sides or ends of the fixture. We also sell both the Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5HO 22″ fluorescent tube and the Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5HO 22″ fluorescent tube for this fixture.