- The best fixture that we’ve ever used for our reptiles’ UVB requirements! This T5HO (high output) fixture gives superior performance because of its high output electronic ballast and its high-efficiency silver reflector. PLUS, this fixture comes with a Basking Light Assembly.
- Improved effectiveness is achieved by being able to mount under your cage top’s screen mesh. The basking socket uses energy-efficient halogen bulbs; typically 50 watts (20L size habitats) or 75 watts (40B habitats and our Custom Cages). An adaptor is included if you want to use standard thread bulbs, NO GREATER than 75 watts.
- You first feed the end of the power cord in through one of the access holes in the cage top panel, or at the screen top corner for cages with lift-off tops. One zip tie goes over the end of the power cord after it is plugged into the fixture and up through the screen mesh. The second zip tie goes over the aluminum strip of the basking light assembly (NOT over the connector pins) and up through the screen mesh.
- The Reptile T5HO 22″ Fixture & Reflector with Basking Light Assembly comes with 2 cable ties for mounting underneath the cage top’s screen mesh; that are. Includes power cord (with on/off switch), a GU10 to E27 adaptor and 2 Pan-Ty cable ties (made of heat and UV-resistant Nylon 6.6). The GU10 to E27 adaptor allows the flexibility of using a standard thread incandescent style basking bulb, NO GREATER than 75 watts.
- Animal should be no closer than 10” directly under the fixture and no closer than 6” diagonally from the sides or ends of the fixture. Also, take care that your pet cannot touch the halogen basking bulb, when you arrange your habitat accessories. We do sell both the Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5HO 22” fluorescent tube and the Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5HO 22” fluorescent tube for this fixture; plus four sizes of halogen basking bulbs, 20w, 35w, 50w and 75w.