- This is what we’ve found to be the best tool for preparing diced vegetables that go in the salads for our bearded dragons. We can do in about 20 minutes what used to take us 2 hours. The Carolina Veggie Chopper can be used to prepare veggies for other omnivores or herbivores as well.
- The key feature of this specific chopper is the extra sharp blades. With these, your veggies don’t get bruised as you dice them and so they stay fresher longer. We usually prepare a batch of diced veggies in advance, keep them in an air-tight plastic container in the refrigerator and they’re good for 5 to 7 days.
- Directions on various types of veggies: with squash, zucchini and radishes; slice in 3/16” disks, lay 3 to 4 disks on top of the blades of veggie chopper and press down. With tougher veggies like butternut squash, cut 3/16” disks, then cut in 3/8” strips, place on top of the blades of veggie chopper and press down. Veggie chopper not applicable for green peppers or cactus.
- We prepare about a week’s worth of diced veggies at a time; keeping them refrigerated in an air-tight plastic container. Reptile salads are prepared each morning. First chopping or tearing the greens, then parsing out the diced veggies on top. Rule of thumb on the greens is chopped no bigger than the space between the reptile’s eyes until they are 12 inches long. After that, tear greens about the size of the reptile’s head.
- There is a little white plastic comb included with the Carolina Veggie Chopper which is helpful in cleaning. Carolina Custom Cages is a division of Carolina Designer Dragons, LLC.