- We’ve tried all the alternatives and this works for us! Simply put it’s a practical solution to keeping your crickets and / or roaches supplied with water. No more smelly potatoes, messy water gels or weekly expenses. You fill the reservoir up with water, screw on the base and sponge, turn the waterer right-side up and wet the sponge thoroughly. The sponge wicks the water up and the crickets or roaches drink off the surface. Crickets don’t drown themselves as they would in a water dish.
- Waterer usually needs to be refilled or topped off every 3-6 days. Good idea to rinse out the sponge thoroughly and even use some chlorhexidine sprayed on for general hygiene.
- Waterer measures 8-5/16″ tall and 6″ diameter. This will fit into a 56 quart or a 106 quart tub; which is what we use to keep our crickets and roaches in. Anything smaller than a 56 quart volume makes it likely that a significant number of your crickets will die prematurely; from smothering each other or from sweating to death by not getting enough ventilation.
- We buy our crickets by the thousand and we encourage others to do likewise; not only do you get better economy, but having them delivered to you from a reputable feeder source means you get higher quality crickets.
- Sponges typically last 6 to 8 months. Waterer comes with an extra sponge. Additional replacement sponges are available in packs of three. Carolina Custom Cages is a division of Carolina Designer Dragons, LLC.